Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My friend Jane...

...is one of the most inspiring people I know. She has a way of looking at all scrapbooking / art in a positive way, and gives off the best energy....so, when my good friend, Gloria (design team leader for Pink Pineapple Scrapbooks), asked me to do a layout with this Pink Paislee Transparency, I have to admit I was stumped at first....until, I found a picture I had taken of Jane....suddenly, the wheels started turning, and I came up with a style that is still me, but has a touch of the "vintage" feel, that is SO Jane....Here it is:







I had fun making the little rosettes....I cut out different circle sizes, distressed the edges, crumpled and sanded them, inked the edges with brown, added some lace ribbon in between the layers for some texture, and attached it all together with a brad that was also sanded. For the swirl, I used chipboard, and painted it white, and then off white...I did the same with the thin chipboard frame that is on top of the photo. Adding the buttons were fun....I dropped them down onto the paper, swirled them around, and wherever they landed, I glued them down :) Kind of fun and silly techniques...a fairly simple layout that still took some time, and has sweet memories!

9 comments:

  1. I saw it up at the store! It's really a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet and simple... I really like the pic of your friend... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute page. Can't wait to see it in the store! I love the circle rosettes!! A job well done....that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I hope you feel better!! your pots class was a lot of fun!! They turned out super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, The flower pots class was way fun - wish you had been feeling better and had been there. Chelsea (my daughter) and I gave one set to my mom for early Mother's Day. She loves them. I have to say I was selfish and kept mine for myself!

    I want to make your flower on the 22nd. Hope I can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane is inspiration all bottled up isn't she. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness- thank you my ultra creative friend;)
    I feel the same way about you, so very blessed to have your musings to pull from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a beautiful layout! I love that you are scrapping pictures of your friends. the one of Gloria was great too! I am going to start doing that. love it! you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete