Friday, June 12, 2009

My house for butterflies...

...is blue and yellow, bright and cheerful!

My last design team assignment for Pink Pineapple Scrapbo
oks was to decorate a birdhouse for display in the store...well, I totally adore Hambly, and when I saw the yellow butterfly transparency, I couldn't resist! Here are a couple pics:



I ended up adding Hambly Woodgrain to the roof, and wasn't satisfied with such a clean look, so I tore the edges off, leaving paper in the center. Then, I took yellow paint, and painted over the whole roof, wiping with baby wipes, so the paper would show through...turned out kinda fun!



For the butterfly on the roof, I took one of the feather butterflies you get at Michaels, and layered it with one of the yellow Hambly transparency butterflies, with gems down the body. The end result was just the perfect amount of dimension! I love it when an idea works!

Smiles to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment