Sunday, September 5, 2010

Puppy Love

Puppy Love

We just picked this little fella up today.  He is a Japanese Shiba Inu puppy......and is too cute for words (like a little fox)!!!  I think we are going to call him *Ponyo*.  We looked it up, and the name Ponyo is a onomatopoeia, based on Miyazaki's idea of what a "soft, squishy softness" sounds like when touched.  Since he is so fluffy and soft and makes the most adorable puppy squeak like noises, we thought it might fit.  I think we'll know for sure in the next couple of days.....what do you think?

You can kinda get a feel for how tiny he is in the photo below compared to my size 6 shoe.....

A Puppy Plays

Gatsby & his new bro

Today is actually my birthday and he is kind of my birthday present (I feel like a really lucky girl right now), but we honestly bought him more as a playmate for Gatsby.  It was time for him to have a little brother : )

He and Gatsby played in the yard, and in the living room.....and then Gatsby wanted to play more, but the little fella was tuckered out and fell asleep.  It's a lot of work being a baby doggie, you see.  And now they are both in bed for the night.  Ryan and I are watching "Clash of the Titans", our bellies full of the mint oreo Cold Stone ice cream cake Ryan surprised me with tonight.  Next, I get to cuddle with my sweetie.  I'm a happy girl.

Happy birthday to all you September beauties!!!
<3 Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ms Carrie!!!!
    And what a perfect bday present! He's soooo cute!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    He's so cute and Ponyo is a lovely name. :)

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what an adorable little fluff ball!

    ReplyDelete