Monday, June 20, 2011

Your Appointment with Friday

OK. So this week's photo prompt is a little different than my regularly scheduled routine.  Since tomorrow is the first day of summer as well as the summer solstice I thought it would be fun to see.....
 
How much can you fit into the longest day of the year?

And so for my example photos, I thought it would be fun to share pics from when I went to the fair with Steph last week.....
*Del Mar Fair* {1}

Once through the entrance lined with license plates and into onto the fairgrounds the first thing we did was take pictures in a photobooth (which I hadn't done in like 15 years)!  It was the perfect way to start out our day!!!  After that, we shared an caramel apple cup....hmmmm soooo goood!

Next, we walked through the gems and woodworking (which I didn't get any good photos of), and then strolled through all colorful rides and fun looking games.....

*Del Mar Fair* {2}

I ended up going on this ride, which is now my favorite (that's me in the pink top and gray jeans).....

*Del Mar Fair* {3}

There was even a sign out in front of the ride saying that it is from Neverland Ranch (which I think is really cool : )

Then we walked through and looked at most of the animals.....the cows, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks.....and I thought these curly haired goats were so cute.....
*Del Mar Fair* {4}
By then we had decided it was time for more fair food, so we shared these delicious fresh potato chips with melted cheese.....

*Del Mar Fair* {5}

And something sweet was in order after all that salt, so I got a cool and refreshing iced lemonade and Steph drank a mocha freeze while we enjoyed looking at all the pretty flowers and plants.

One of the photos below is a chair with a cushion made entirely of succulents. Beautiful.....
*Del Mar Fair* {6}
*Del Mar Fair* {7}

And that's pretty much it for my day. I didn't do much after returning home.....it was a fun filled full day, that's for sure : )

So, I'm going to try and create a project with one or all of these photos to share here tomorrow, but for sure I'll have an inspirational post for Wednesday, as well as another layout on Thursday.  Then, on Friday I'll share my summer solstice pics.

Of course, this prompt does not have to be completed tomorrow, if it works out best you can document any full day of your week.  And if you do, don't forget to share on our Flickr group because we all love to see your inspiration!

A big thanks to Steph for going to the fair with me, and for taking the pics with me in them!

Have a great week everyone!!!
Love, Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a perfect day! This post inspired me to have some fun after my exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im in LOVE WITH THESE !!!! I want to blow them up and hang them on my wall!! Just amazing friend :) You look so adorable in the photo booth!!! We need to have another fun day coming up here real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics!!!! and i love the swing ride too!!! plus it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete