Thursday, September 22, 2011

{day 22} trees

{september} trees | collage
{september} trees
So, today's all about trees.....and I'm pleased to introduce you to the giant eucalyptus tree next to my house.  I didn't want to retake the shot that shows how big this tree really is, so go HERE to see it over at Bubblegum Life.  I've been told that eucalyptus trees only live so many years, and most of the others close to this size on our property are dying so I thought photos of this beauty would be great!  I want to remember how the bark peels away from the sides.  How the branches seem to grow in different crazy directions that don't look balanced.  I want to remember that there is a huge owl and pair of hawks that like to hang out here....the owl at night, and the hawks during the day.  The bean shape of it's leaves, and all the different shades of green.  And I love green.  Green is my best, and I think makes this tree beautiful.  <3 Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment