Friday, September 30, 2011

Your Appointment with Friday

Happy last day of September! This week's photo prompt feels a bit darker and a little vintage.....perfect for the season changing into Fall. The prompt is:

Black & White

*the paddock*

I took these photos at the Del Mar Racetrack.  Ryan, a friend, and I spent the early evening (a few weeks ago) soaking up the glow of the setting sun while placing crazy fun bets, cheering on our horses, enjoying a beer and popcorn snack (no beer for me of course), and walking from our seats to the paddock to look at all these lovely beauties in between races.....

*jockey**walking to the paddock**del mar racetrack**enjoying the view**round the last turn*

It was exciting and fun, made even more enjoyable by our surroundings.....the beautiful racetrack grounds.  And I am so in love with color that I had to slip in a few color photos!  However I originally was inspired to take black and white photos here by all the beautiful vintage B&W prints that decorates the walls of this building.....

*beautiful grounds**betting on my horse*

And to top it all off, Devo played after the races (no photos of them, sorry)!  Ryan and I enjoyed their show so much he bought their newest album, witch I absolutely LOVE!!!

Enjoy your black & white photo taking this week!  I hope you find it as inspiring as I did : )
Love, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment