Saturday, March 3, 2012

{renee's} travel journal

*what makes you smile*

I have been lucky enough to join in on a fun travel journal project with some blog friends this Spring! Marlene, Val, and Renee : ) These are my pages from Renee's minibook. She provided the prompts for each page, and here's what I came up with:

The photo above is my page on *what makes me smile*. I attached a cute teddy bear in the center and added journal strips around it with things that make me smile....
  • driving through rainbows with my Mom
  • my puppy Ponyo and his priceless moments
  • handmade crafts
  • fresh flowers in the Spring
  • the laugh lines around My Sweetie's eyes
  • wii dancing with my 5 year old niece
  • special moments captured in photos
  • the rain
And below was a *free page*, so I altered one of my digital layouts from February and printed it out to add in.....

*free page*

This page was *name and any info you'd like to share* in your favorite color. I added a green paper with journaling about myself and stapled the label from my favorite drink right now.....

*name and info*

Here's my *favorite quote*. I used this DIY for creating the background to help make it all pop!

*favorite quote*

For this page, I handmade a vellum envelope to hold a *postcard* of Encinitas. And I thought the little ladybugs added a fun touch of Springtime.....

*encinitas postcard*

And I did something a little different for Renee's *sunset* prompt. Instead of sharing a photo of the actual sunset, I scrapped photos of what it looks like around my home during the sunset.....

*encinitas sunset*

This page was *make a wish*, and so here are my wishes.....
  • one day to have a house of my own
  • My Sweetie and I could live in Sequim, near my family
  • to become a Tai Chi Master
  • the dishes could magically clean themselves
  • for peace and happiness for those I love
*make a wish*

Here's *a picture of you* and any random facts of things that make you - you.....
  • love to watch movies and listen to music everyday

*it's me*

I had a hard time with this one because my hand is so shakey: *doodle your name*.....

*doodle your name*

And this was one of my favorite pages, *favorite things to do in your city*:
  • visit the beach
  • take photos at the botanical gardens
  • visit the Del Mar racetrack
  • go to the Del Mar fair
  • visit the museums at balboa park
  • picking out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch
  • ice skating at the Hotel Del
  • visit the San Diego Zoo
  • walk around La Jolla Shores
*favorite places* And that's it! March is probably the craziest month I will have all year, but I'll be sure to share my pages (once they're done) from Val's travel journal next <3 Carrie

9 comments:

  1. omg love your pages Carrie!!! great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi carrie Its val. Loved your pages so much!!!! I cant wait to see what you do in mine! I am so happy we all decided to do this project, it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in love and im honored that im in this awesome travel journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are amazing Carrie. so spring like and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is adorable! I love all your pages. And I too wish the dished would clean themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through Kara and I love your style! I pinned that triangle pattern with the couple glittery pages thrown in - so cute! And great name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ms carrie this is beautifuL!!! i don't know how i missed this on my blog reader. what fun prompts i would love to try this!
    xo

    ReplyDelete