Monday, June 25, 2012

{diy} heart enclosure

{diy} heart enclosure
The other day I shared a stack of Father's Day cards wrapped up in baker's twine. Today I thought it would be fun to show my easy method for holding the twine together without any knots. You basically just wrap it around the middle of two hearts layered together.....

{heart enclosure} {supplies} heart enclosure
The supplies I used:
  • Three different patterned papers
  • 1 large heart punch
  • 1 small heart punch
  • 1 x-small heart punch
  • 1 small circle punch
  • Bakers Twine
  • 1 large pop-up foam circle
  • Tape Runner (or your favorite paper adhesive)

{instructions} heart enclosure
  1. Punch out 1 large heart, 1 small circle, and 1 extra small heart, all with different patterned papers.  Then punch out the small heart in the same paper as the large.
  2. Use your tape runner (or favorite paper adhesive) to adhere the small circle, small heart, and extra small heart layered together.
  3. Attach the pop-up foam circle to the underside of these layered circle and hearts.
  4. Sandwich with the large heart.
  5. You can see where there now is space to wrap the bakers twine in between the layers (and around the pop-up foam circle).
  6. Grap your papers to wrap up, the bakers twine, and heart enclosure.
  7. Find the center of the bakers twine and place in-between the open layers of the heart enclosure.
  8. Wrap the bakers twine around your papers  (alternating around the right and left sides of the heart enclosure) until there are only a few inches of twine left on each end.
  9. Taking one end at a time, wrap the excess around the foam pop-up circle (and in-between the open layers of the heart enclosure) until there is only a little twine left on each end.  All done.
This technique can apply to all sorts of objects layered together.  I hope you have fun with it.  Tomorrow I have a small project to share (using this DIY as inspiration) that will help me track my summer fun as I check things off my Summer Wishlist.  See ya!  <3 Carrie

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! Thanks for visiting my blog. =)

    This is a very cool DIY! Your site is gorgeous - I love the design. I added you to my favorites and will definitely be keeping up with your blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project.
    and love your summer wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm going to make a few and use it as stationary. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty and cute! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea!! i want to try this!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your DIY's! They are so cute and creative!!

    ReplyDelete