Thursday, June 28, 2012

{summertime treat} homemade peach ice cream

{homemade} peach ice cream
Fresh fruit is one of my favorite foods during the summer.  It seem to fit in perfectly with the fresh and sweet feeling that summertime brings. 

The other day I told Ryan I was going to make some homemade ice cream and asked if he had a preference as to the flavor.  He suggested peach.  Personally I thought is sounded a little gross (I don't like chunks of frozen fruit in my ice cream), but decided to be adventurous and give it a try.  I modified THIS recipe late that night while watching The Stepford Wives on my laptop in the kitchen (which is my new favorite thing).....what I ended up with is the perfect seasonal treat!  I still cannot believe how rich, creamy and delicious this ice cream is.  And then Ryan bought Mrs. Richards Hot Fudge at the grocery store.  Holy cow.  The combination of the two is pure magic.  It is great as a nighttime indulgence, but would also be excellent to bring to a picnic or barbeque.  I think I am going to make another batch for 4th of July.  Enjoy!  <3 Carrie

{peach ice cream} with hot fudge
Homemade Peach Ice Cream

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 3/4 cups white sugar
  •  4 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
  •  2 cups heavy cream
  •  1 cups half-and-half cream
  •  1 teaspoons vanilla extract
  •  1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar until smooth; puree peaches in food processor until all chunks are gone and the texture is smooth.  Stir 2 1/2 to 3 cups of puree into egg mixture. Stir in cream, half-and-half, vanilla and salt and mix well.
  2. Pour mixture into freezer canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.  My ice cream maker would only hold about 2/3 of the mixture, so I had to do two batches.  After the ice cream maker is finished with each batch, transfer the ice cream into a freezer safe storage container and place in the freezer.  Mine took 30 to 40 minutes per batch, and then the ice cream took about 2 hours to set up completly in the freezer.
*This recipe contains raw eggs. It is recommended that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.

4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious!! I love the purple cup & plate! Making ice cream is DEFINITELY going on my to do list once I can have raw eggs again. Must be so much fun to make whatever flavoured ice cream you want..Mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miek! There are lots of ice cream recipes without eggs.....I've had a few and they are good too (maybe not quite as rich is all). Have fun!

      Delete
  2. I googled it and found some eggless recipes. Now what flavour am I going to make.... :) Maybe I'll try peach too, without chunks!(Don't like those either)
    Have a great Friday *^.^*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay now your posts are even better looking than mine!

    I'm not a huge fan of fruity ice cream either. If I'm going to have ice cream, I want all the bad stuff in it - chocolate, cookie dough, caramel, ect. So I wasn't interested in peach ice cream until you threw in hot chocolate. Holy cow is right! Now I'm craving it! Even caramel would be great with peach!

    ReplyDelete