Monday, October 29, 2012

{how to} layering transaprencies over photos


I've had a couple questions about how to use the Transparencies in my shop.  The technique I use is so simple, today I decided to share a short video on how I like to layer transparencies over my photos.  (I use Photoshop CS5, but the steps are the same in Photoshop Elements.)  Enjoy!


Layering Transparencies Over Photos from Carrie Elias on Vimeo.

The same basic steps from the video applies to the four photos above.  You just have to play around a little to get the exact look you want.  To give you a comparison, here are the specific Photoshop layer details I used for each:
 
Upper left >>>
  • Transparency used - Arrows in Black
  • Layered over the photo with - Soft Light at 50%
Upper right >>>
  • Transparency used - Arrows in Mint
  • Layered over the photo with - Soft Light at 100%
Lower left >>>
  • Transparency used - Arrows in Mint
  • Layered over the photo with - Multiply at 80%
Lower right >>>
  • Transparency used - Arrows in Black
  • Layered over the photo with Soft Light at 100%

I'm always happy to answer any questions you have.  See you tomorrow for the Autumn cards I made using these images!  Have fun playing with your transparencies!!!

1 comment: