Saturday, January 26, 2013

{baby shower} for amber & waylon

{baby shower} for amber & waylon
Last weekend I threw Amber and Waylon a baby shower with the help of my wonderful family. For decoration we strung a rope with onesies and clothespins (to look like a clothesline), used lots of colorful flowers, all the colors of the rainbow for the different paper plates, napkins, and utensils, and my purple dragonfly dishes to hold all the goodies for our breakfast bar (waffles, quiche, french toast, fruit, sausage, bacon, and green smoothies). I was so busy getting everything ready that I didn't get photos of a lot of things, like the vintage fabric dolls I had purchased from the thrift store, golden books, a minibook I handmade out of library pockets with library cards to hold advice and wishes for the baby, or any of the filled out madlib cards I designed especially for this event. There was so much laughter from the madlibs, it was a blast, and at the end of the party I handed out embroidery kits that I'd put together, and we hand embroidered the onsies.
 
We also had a mimosa bar with orange juice, grapefruit juice, grenadine, maraschino cherries, and champagne. I had a very large mason jar filled with grapefruit juice, grenadine and champagne....it was so tart and delicious! However, one of my favorite things was the photobooth Ryan helped me set up using THIS tutorial for the backdrop. We had a lot of fun picking out the propts to make it silly and fun. Oh, and the giant cake I made was a rainbow cake with 7 layers. One layer for each color of the rainbow, and it turned out AMAZING! All the colors were super vibrant, so bummed I didn't get a photo.  And last but not least, my sister Sarah made the cutest diaper cake!  Enjoy!!  XO

(All photos by Ryan except the photobooth pics by moi.  You can click on each photo to see it larger in Flickr.)
  {baby shower} madlib {baby shower} photobooth collage {baby shower} onsie clothesline {baby shower} prepping {baby shower} amber & friends {baby shower} diaper cake {baby shower} cake topper {baby shower} sarah {baby shower} mom's light {baby shower} just finished the cake {baby shower} mimosa bar {baby shower} diaper cake close {baby shower} diaper cake layers {baby shower} me & dodd
My outfit:  Dress with belt | Hand-me-down from my grandma, Blouse | Thrift Store, Sweater and Tights | Target

{baby shower} cake

5 comments:

  1. This looks like SUCH a fabulous party! I love all the bright colors you used. And the embroidery idea is amazing!! I am having a very quiet tea party baby shower for a friend this weekend. It wont be as fancy as yours but I know it will be fun. :)

    -Jenn V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really cute Carries. I loved this!!! I did a photo booth too at my daughter's 2nd birthday last weekend and it was so fun!!! I LOVE your outfit by the way, great dress:) happy weekend!

    xoxox Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful Carrie!! So colorful and creative, you are so talented. Mel xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love it!!!! You worked hard I can tell! everything looks super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!! Your outfit is perfect!! What a beautiful shower with awesome memories great job Carrie!!!

    ReplyDelete