Monday, July 29, 2013

{layout video} there were never such devoted sisters

{layout} there were never such devoted sisters | full

Hello, hello. Here's my next layout and scrapbooking process video. This project was inspired by Stephanie Bryan and a layout she shared on Instagram for Glitz Design from CHA (she has not yet published it to her blog, except for a sneak).  When I saw all those lovely triangles, I knew that design would be perfect for the fun, trendy energy I wanted in this layout about the relationship between me and my little sister.  Here's the video:
 


And some detail shots.  Lots of layers, my favorite : )

{layout} there were never such devoted sisters | layers

Since this photo was taken at the beach (more pics from our adventure HERE), I added in the cutest little puffy sticker fish from Michaels.

{layout} there were never such devoted sisters | puffy stickers

Some Studio Calico wood veneer triangles and glue splatter with neon yellow and pink glitter.  As an important side note: I made sure to add clear sealer over the entire layout so that the glitter wouldn't rub off.....it worked great!

{layout} there were never such devoted sisters | wood

Sewed using gold thread, and added some Basic Grey flags.  The title is from a song we use to sing as kids (we knew if from the movie White Christmas).  When one of my other sisters saw the pics of us at the beach on Instagram, she commented leaving only these lyrics.....which is pretty much the best in my book.  Not sure when my next video will be...still working on using my nice camera for better quality (should be soon though).  XO

{layout} there were never such devoted sisters | gold thread {layout} there were never such devoted sisters | arrow {layout} there were never such devoted sisters | close {layout} there were never such devoted sisters | journaling {layout} there were never such devoted sisters |

1 comment:

  1. I saw your layout on instagram and I came over and watched your video. Very cool. :) I really love everything about your page, but I must say the fish with the enamel dots as bubbles is SO CUTE!!

    -Jenn V

    ReplyDelete