Monday, October 20, 2014

{batch card making} halloween 2014


Hello Everybody! So today I finally get to share my Halloween cards for this year!! I used the beautiful FREE Studio Calico Fall Printable Poster on the inside of my cards, and you can download yours HERE.

Below is the process video for my cards:
 

I did slightly alter the free printable by shrinking it down and re-coloring it in Photoshop. One design is more pinks to match the pink neon ghosts, and the other is more blues and green to match the blue and green neon ghosts : )


I designed the BOO! die cut in Photoshop and cut it out using my Silhouette Cameo. Since I was able to cut out 6 die cuts per 12x12 sheet of paper, it helped a lot with my batch card making. Also, the whole idea of making a bunch of the same cards at once usually starts with a cute pack of embellishments (like the ghosts I used for these). Having multiples of the same embellishment is great, but depending on what it is I tend to only need one or two.  Having extra is usually what inspires the urge to use up my stash and make a bunch of cards all at once ; )

Plus, I am a sucker for anything cute!  And the Studio Calico printable is beyond perfect for adding the perfect feeling of autumn!!  Hope you enjoy!  XO








2 comments: